But I *know by experience* that it can be done. The pursuit of my creative dreams depend on this.
And so does yours.
You can force inspiration by creating a list of regular wells that you draw from. You already know these wells, you just may not have realized it: They spark your brain and give you that "OOH I wanna go create something!" feeling.
Otherwise, we are fatigued and feel little motivation and usually end up flipping through the internet or wandering around aimlessly.
Who has time to wait for the muse???
What makes a good well of inspiration? Easy access, immediate resonance, inspires you to action, fuels you with ideas.
You know these wells, you already have them. Now you get to use them strategically!
I'll give you some of go-to wells of inspiration:
- Pinterest, after tweaking incoming boards and pins. (Quiet the noise, y'all.)
- My favorite artists' online galleries. (I want to be like them when I grow up.)
- Mixed Media digital magazines. (Ideas ideas!)
- Podcasts and how-to-videos. GREAT place for ideas!
- Gasp: My own work. (Sometimes I can flip through my own pages and my brain goes “oh remember how fun this is!?” and I’m right back in the groove.)
- The right kind of music. (Naturally, my music-of-choice depends on the mood.)
So, what are some of your go-to wells of inspiration? Share some here, and plan to visit them the next time you're feeling a little low on inspiration.
...because we don't have time to wait for the muse.
Want more FREE Creative Resources?
Sign up for Greetings from Mandyland! [nm-mc-form fid="1"]