What to do if you're run down or running out of time?
Guided Audio Versions
- Our original guided audio mediation, from day 1.
- Another spacious open examen meditation that I often use.
- The Pray as You Go site's guided examens, including one for kids.
- A long-form examen card from Busted Halo, a Catholic media team.
- Here's the Examen card printout from day 2.
Journals that work well with your daily examen time:
- One Line a Day — five year memory journal, a way to keep track of those things that repeat themselves (Thank you Tonya!!)
- Bullet Journal — another system for journaling/organizing your life. THIS is my sanity.
- The Fresh Outlook Journal for short daily entries using the examen.
And soundtrack options while you journal and reflect, from our community.
Resources mentioned in our journey together, with rich insight on the Examen:
- Podcast on numbing out, and how the examen can help you pay attention and not check out from those things that are bugging you.
- Daniel Wolpert's Creating a Life with God, with chapters on the examen and journaling.
- Sleeping with Bread, by the Linn family. It's not a kids book, and it is packed full of examen tips and experiences!